Friday, March 20, 2009

" THE TRIP "

This is the load I most enjoyed. It started out at NAS North Island at San Diego,CA. For those of you who may not know what NAS means it stands for Naval Air Station. We have a military load. But it is not just any military load, it is a NAVY load. Why is this a big deal? DUHHH, I was in the NAVY!!! .So this is just way cool.

The load starts in San Diego,CA then to Crane, IN then to Sterling,VA then to Shelton,CT then to Merrimack, NH then to Kittery, ME. We were at the NAS, the Naval Surface Warfare Center, the Aircraft Prop Shop, the Sikorsky Helicopter Aircraft Company, the facility for Advanced Defense Early Warning Systems and last but not least the Portsmouth Naval Ship Yard where they build Submarines.


We were under a broker load, and believe it or not, it was a good experience. The lady that we worked with was very pleasant and knew what she was talking about. She sent us directions to each of our stops and everyone was right on. I did not know how to handle this. We hardly ever get good directions. Not only was her routing on the money but everyone that we dealt with from the guards to the military personnel to the civil servant workers to the civilian workers were friendly, polite and accommodating. OMG, I have died and went to Heaven. I did not get mad one time, Yea Navy. And then to top it all off, the Lady gave us a big pat on the back and a “Atta Boy” to us. Really? I am not dead? All this really did happen? Wow, and they said miracles ceased to exist.

It was a very fast four days of 3459 miles but it was really fun, We were even in the shop for a service in route and lost time there but still made every stop on time. When you are doing something that you enjoy, things seem to go so much better. Ruth Ann was able to get a lot of pictures and we were able to sleep a couple of times without the truck moving, that is ALWAYS a good thing. I hope that we will be able to get a similar load in the very near future.


You all be safe…………Later, Brad

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to pardon me for a moment while I get my head around this ... you actually got GOOD directions? Are you sure? It's absolutely amazing. The next time we're in Jersey, wandering around, completely lost, as always, I'll remember this day ... the day when someone actually got good directions. Maybe that will give me some peace.

    Nah, probably not. But it might keep me from that never-ending desire to unplug and pitch that worthless DriverTech out the window. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad - who do you guys drive for? You can email me it to me if you don't want to say here - bellavenere@aol.com. I'm just curious.

    And the military loads are cool - we do quite a few of those. In fact, leaving out of Arizona tomorrow with one going to Edwards AFB in California. The always pay well, which is why we love them!

    And Kittery, ME - love it up there! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete