Friday, March 13, 2009

" THE SHY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING !!??!!?? "

Let me take you back in time to the days of "Yore"____you know, the era of "Your" laughing at me. If you recall, there was the day of scraps, bumps, bruises, blood, cussing, breaking of finger nails and oh yes, let us not forget the infamous screwing of the thumb with the electric drill. Oh, how I miss those days of great pain. Yeah, right. Everyone knows that I can not make it though one day without hurting myself in one way or another.

Anyway, back to the shelf. You would think that after all my aches, pain, sweat and blood it would be a shelf that would endure the ages. But ney I say to you, only about 200 miles. Alas, it decided to creak, rock, sway, groan and miss-quote Chicken Little.." THE SHELF IS FALLING THE SHELF IS FALLING !!!!! ". I swear I heard it laughing all the way down.

Now we have this pile of mangled wood amidst our clothes. If I thought I had a hard time getting it all in the truck before it was put togeather and without all of our clothing to deal with, well lets just say that was the easy part. Again, much pain, busted knuckles, scrapes, blood, broken finger nails, cussing and owing. So as in " When Days Were Old and Knights Were Bold" we left our load beside the road and drove away contented. Well, not really. We were at a rest area above West Memphis, Arkansas and Ruth Ann stacked the deceased ( Dead Wood ) remains of the shelf in a neat pile next to a trash barrel.

So, now we get home again and along with doing the tax's I plan a new shelf. A better shelf. A " SUPER SHELF ! "

Oh lame shelf take heed, the " NINJA SHELF " cometh. It is born of 1/2" Plywood, Metal Brackets, Washers, Lock Washers, Nuts, Bolts and Tie-down Straps. Unlike its weakling ancester with but only 2 levels, This mighy Beast is a 3 level Skysraper. I fret that if it should ever tumble it would surely take the truck with it.








So I plead with all of you to "Hail the Shelf" and wish "It" safe riding. For it looms over our heads and we give daily thank to "It" for storing our belongings so well. The beauty of
"It" is worth all the money and pain that was put into "Its" creation.


You all be safe. later...Brad

2 comments:

  1. Hedon always hurts herself whenever she "fixes" something. It's a running joke for us. Also, it has been determined that whatever she builds will be useful, but ungodly ugly. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you add these pictures in later? I don't remember them from before. That's pretty darned awesome. You've certainly solved the Crapscadia storage problem.

    Too bad this wouldn't work for Hedon and I. I sleep in the upper bunk when we're not moving. I don't know how you all do it, sleeping together in that lower bunk, though I know lots of folks do. Between Hedon, I and Maggie, we'd be packed in there like sardines. I fear the dog would take the worst of it. Squished pup.

    ReplyDelete