Thursday, April 2, 2009

" I am one of THOSE people !! "


We have a Min-Pin that truly believes that she is a Pinasorus. She, Baby Girl, is 8 years old and weighs all of 9 1/2 pounds. Remember that weight, it will come into play later. She is just as cute and lovable as can be and she knows it and will remind you of it in a heart beat.

She is a superb watch dog. By that I mean, no one is allowed to be by the truck, oh lets say with in the same state. Wherever we are parked it becomes her domain and you are not allowed in it. She has complete control of the truck and allows Ruth Ann and I to be in it at her pleasure. Let's say I pull on a fuel island. She will come up to see what I am about to do and let me out without much concern. If Ruth Ann gets out at the same time she has a little problem with that and voices her opinion. Now, I am done fueling and Ruth Ann has not returned. I release the breaks and pull up so the next driver can fuel. Now I am only going to move up a truck and trailer length and Baby Girl is back in the bed under the pillows. As I am in the process of pulling up the little black demon from hell comes flying up to the front and jumps onto the passenger seat, nose against the window, barking her fool head off, turns to me and gives me paws on hip cocked head barking as if to say "MOM IS NOT IN THE TRUCK, STOP THE TRUCK OR I WILL CHEW YOUR HEAD OFF" barking. I set the breaks and with this insane animal bouncing off the back of my legs and barking like crazy I slam the door in her face and wait to see if her maniac form appears in the driver's window and I smile up at her as I turn and walk inside to get my fuel receipt and see if I can help Ruth Ann with anything.

Let's see, what do we do for her: when we buy food for us we buy for her also, if we are eating snacks that are okay for her to eat then she is included in the snacking, when she needs to go out we stop just as soon as we can and carry her to the grass and back. If it is snowing, and no matter if it is a dusting or knee high deep, I will clear a area with my feet down to the grass for her even though she will sniff it and jump back in the snow to do whatever she has to do.

What she does for us: she gives us love, enjoyment, photo moments, warmth (she buries herself next to us and she is a very powerful source of heat), she amuses us. She is our alternative child.

She loves to burrough into the pillows and covers. When we have those times that we can park for the night we get our food either from the truck stop or Ruth Ann cooks it and we get the TV ready to watch. We get our PJ's on and sit back on the bed and watch the TV and enjoy our food, all the while two little beady eyes are peeking out from under a pillow or blanket at the end of the bed with a mouth salivating with anticipation of leftovers. We are done and always leave some for her. When she is done, most of the time we are on top of the covers because that is where we want to be. Baby Girl will walk up my chest and look at me and whisper bark at me. She will do this a couple of times and when I do nothing it gets a little louder. When I still say nothing she will go nose to nose with me as if saying "Look at me, look at me " then barks again. I say," I do not want to be under the cover, if I did I would be there. I continue to watch the TV and she gets her little attitude in a fluff, and now puts her whole weight into my chest. Now, she already had her whole body on my chest and it was not that big of a deal. Some how she can stiffen and make all 9 1/2 pounds zero in through her tiny paws right onto one of your ribs and now she feels like she weighs a ton and gives me one of those do it right now BARKS. I lift the cover and get under it, oh___I have to be under the cover also even though I do not want to be under it. As soon as I am under the cover, and God for bid I put the cover down before she gets under also, she goes and pretty much claws and pries my legs apart enough for her little body to fit in and she is happy, I am burning up but she is happy. " Happy dog happy life ! "

Anyway, I am a Dog People and am proud of it and would have it no other way.



You all be safe......Later, Brad

2 comments:

  1. Dogs are just such great company and she sounds as if she keeps you guys hopping!!! Take good care of her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. Min pins rule. Have much loved beagles now, but thinking on a min pin in the future. (Beagles are great company. Watchdogs, they are not.)

    Cheers.

    Belledog

    ReplyDelete