Sunday, April 12, 2009

" Happy Easter_____yeah, right! "


This is a little story from my past when I was a kid. It has Bob my brother and Trudy my sister in a time where Trudy is about 4, I am about 9 and Bob about 17.


Easter ____a Holy day unless of course you’re a kid. Then it’s Basket day, Candy day, Egg Hunt day____it’s Stomach day.

After the Hunt, we___Bob, Trudy and I___sat demolishing the contents of our baskets. Trudy and I tapped our eggs on the table and peeled and ate them. Not Bob, he banged them on his forehead. I was amazed and I tried it. That is really neat___it did not hurt and it worked real good. SMASH, SMASH, SMASH, SMASH and all my eggs were gone. Trudy had hers gone and Bob was on his last one.

I wanted more. Bob said he saw one last one in the icebox and went to get it. It was bright pink with a bunny sticker on it. He said I could have it if I gave him some of my candy. Fair trade, I had a lot of candy and he handed me the egg.

Mom and Dad came in, and I said “WATCH THIS”! I rammed the egg against my forehead_______it was not a hard boiled egg…..slow learner…Bob has struck again.




Happy Easter to all.



You all be safe…………………Later, Brad

2 comments:

  1. this is absolutely my all time favorite story from brad's childhood......everytime he tells it i laugh my head off....i'd have paid money to be there.....lolololol....

    ReplyDelete