Friday, February 6, 2009

oooOOOOOOCCCCCHHHHHHHH

Well here is it the day after the BD and nothing has changed. Lets see, got up and came downstairs and had my first cup of coffee as I try to focus my eyes on the screen on my pc. So far so good. My lovely sister Wanda came out and brought her dog, a very very happy dog that wants to show it's love by jumping into your chest. Oh yeah, did I mention that the dog is a small horse and weights about the same. Some how I kept my footing and survived. The next little item is to go to the Post Office. I jump into the car and turn the key....nothing. Crap!! Get Wanda's keys and go to the Post Office. Oh, if you do not already know, the Post Office is my Xanadu. I arrive to retrieve my bounty only to find that they have changed their hours and there is 45 minutes to wait. I go back home and jump start our car off Wanda's. I wait the allotted time and go back to the Post Office and retrieve our mail..yeaaaa!!!

Next is to bring the dirty laundry in from the truck, which I do and about have a heart attack carrying all that grime down out of the truck into the house and up the stairs.

Now, for the main event. We have a new truck and with all we carry I must make a shelf to hold it all. I climb up and down and in and out till I have all but one, mind you ONE screw left to put in and the job is done. Did I mention that I only had one screw left to insert into the wood? The wood puts up a fight, the drill is at max RPM, the screw is trying to penetrate, the body and arm is pushing with intent. Then, for no reason that I can think of, the drill bit decides it has had enough and jumps out of the screw head, did I mention that my arm and body was pushing hard on the drill?, and it leapt to its death bringing the drill , arm, body with it. Oh, fear not, it did not accomplish its suicidal death because my thumb broke its fall. Drill still engaged and bit still spinning and yet my thumb was able to stop all this rushing force..oooOOOOOOCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh. The drill was no longer a drill, it was now a ##$#@%^&**%$#@#$. Blood gushing, thumb throbbing I make my way out of the truck and into the house....RUTH ANN!!! RUTH ANN!!! get me the peroxide and bandaids.

Peroxided and bandaided, I return to the scene of the crime and with determination, put the last screw in the wood....screw by the screw I screw the screw and it was good and they all said amen.

2 comments:

  1. i'm sooooo sorry that you hurt yourself building my shelf....but i swear, reading you telling about it is just "so darn cute!!!!"....i love you, baby.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! Now lets hope when you back on the road that USX does not decide that is not the right truck for you and move you again.

    ReplyDelete