Friday, November 19, 2010

" BAAHAHAHAHAHA.......... BOO! "








It is amazing what you find when you are not really looking for it. It could be right in front of you and still hidden by a cloak of un-notablelazation..(it is my word and I can use it if I want)... I was honored to be asked to officiate at my Niece's for a Halloween theme wedding. Everyone, well almost everyone, dressed in costume including me. It was an amazing day and night. We all had a great time. I and Ruth Ann got to spend time with relatives that I had not seen in over 30 years and some that I had never seen or even knew I had. We were welcomed with open arms and felt like there never had been any time that was spent apart. I have a AWESOME family. I felt like the old Maypole commercial...."who's on the couch...its UNCLE RALPH"...lol...And then, there are their friends, both my older relatives friends and my younger relatives friends. They could not ask for better friends. They were so kind and helpful. They also took us in and became our friends as well.

From the time we got there it was a whirl wind of getting this or getting that. Doing this and doing that. Me preparing for the big event, needless to say I was a nervous wreck..not because I had not officiated before, because I have...but because it was my niece and I wanted it to be perfect for her...I mean, she had nothing to be in the state of panic about..( the guys tuxes all were not fitting right, and her flowers that were coming from a very VIP florist were not there and they could not be found by the tracking number and what is a wedding without floweres..omg..omg....why am I worried, the pressure is only building...but the day was saved when silk flowers were made, me....still a wreck...then the time is at hand...and the wedding party is scattered everywhere from the wrong room to the bathroom and one asking is okay to have one more drink....the last of the guest are just getting into the wedding room, standing room only...yelp, again..no pressure on me....then all of a sudden it comes together and the wedding party is walking in....the guys in monster mask and the girls..well the girls were just pretty. Then the Bride..all in black walked in by her dad Dracula and presented to her to be husband the wolf man....standing in front of me...the grim reaper...git the picture...really cool.....as i pronounce the husband and wife the guest break out in cheers and applause...that was really something.....how did i do?...well i guess i did just fine...

So I say to all that was there, thank you for all your love and kindness.


You all be safe...............Later, Brad

1 comment:

  1. so glad to see you posting again!!...this was an incredible wedding and such a good time!...you did an excellent job!!...oh, and the post is good too!!!!....love you, baby!

    ReplyDelete